– Mariastein for Cherries – first local ride of the year
– A ride to Adelboden – Dan and I do an early spring ride for a birthday lunch
– Walensee in the Autumn – a chilly ride to a new-to-me corner of Switzerland
– A full day’s ride through Switzerland – a flea market, Schwingen, roadside repairs and a fantastic mountain pass
– Destination: BBQ – a short (spring!) day ride to visit a friend’s BBQ party
– Scrambling to Zurich – helping a fellow motorcyclist out by riding his new bike home from Geneva
– Payerne – a Christmas ride to Payerne and the nearby mountains
– More Jura!! – perfect weather and perfect roads combined for a great day.
– Hot! Hot! Hot! – An attempt to flee the heat of the city
– Sustenpass is Closed – a fantastic spring ride to see if the gates really were still closed
– Spring ride through the Jura – perfect weather through perfect scenery
– Neuchatel for lunch – a great way to test out our helmets AND enjoy a wonderful spring day
– January Ride South – spending half the day riding through the Jura
– October View of the Alps– taking advantage of some extraordinary fall weather and finding some new roads
– St Ursanne Half Day – a trip cut short by a road rally!
– Riding into History – a nice ride to the Alps to explore the Swiss Open Air Museum
– A Mid-Winter’s Ride – A surprise ride on a surprisingly beautiful day
– Alsace in the Autumn – a fall ride into the Alsacian countryside
– Friedrichshafen – took the bikes to Touratech and then across the Bodensee to the Zeppelin Museum
– Alpine Splendor – a day ride through the three main passes closest to me, after a fresh snowfall
– Passwang II – taking a very short ride in the neighborhood
– Five Passes II – going back for more fun, this time with Dan!
– Five Passes of Fun – Grimsel, Furka, Susten, Goschenen and Brunig Passes
– Emmental “motorhiking”
– Stein am Rhine (another visit to Touratech)
– Passwang Pass
– Random Day Trips
– Rhine Falls – or not! – The weather beat me this time, but I will return! And if nothing else, it was a nice ride through the Black Forest.
– France and Germany – all in one day – but mostly Germany
– München – A long weekend’s ride – Dan and I take the bikes to München to explore the city’s offerings; including the BMW Museum.
– A Ride to the Bodensee – we visited Touratech and the Zeppelin Museum
– Biberach (DE) – a weekend trip to visit friends in Germany
– Off to see Titisee (DE) – a short ride up to see this popular summer vacation spot
– Titsee (DE) – a quick day ride up to this German resort lake
– Cherries and Cheese – a quick two hour ride along the French/Swiss border with a new rider
– St Hippolyte for lunch – a friend and I take a day ride through the French Jura for lunch
– Autumn Wonderland (Vosges) – a colorful fall ride through Alsace
– The French Connection – an errand leads to the exploration of a French ruin
– A Short Ride in the Vosges – it was cold but sunny out. Next time I’ll hook up the Gerbings!
– Alsace in the Autumn – I took a couple of hours to check out what the vineyards look like at the end of the season
– St Hippolyte – with Dan! – a nice half-day ride with Dan
– A cold ride through the Jura – Dan and I head out on a sunny but too-cold day
– Jura Mountains – a half day ride down to St Ursanne and points southwest of Basel
– The Grand Balloon (1 & 2)
– Rückweiler, DE – a weekend visit to see my nephew in Germany
– Chiavenna, Italy – a long weekend ride to Chiavenna and the Lake Como area
– Sion, CH – Ok, this is kind of cheating, as Seon is only an hour away. But I rode there one day and came back the next.
– Lake Como – a three day trip to Italy
– Horizons Unlimited – our first Adventure Traveler meet up
– Dijon, France – a weekend ride, a little too early in the season
– Lovely Liechtenstein – two days of riding through Germany, Austria, Liechtenstein and Switzerland
– Manarola (IT) – a 4 day ride to the Mediterranean Sea
– Annecy (FR) – The Tour de France, motorcycle-style!
– Calais – a short start to our two-week motorcycle holiday